The most common type of gazelle found in East Africa, the Thomson’s gazelle is sometimes colloquially referred to as a tommie. Named after explorer Joseph Thomson, they are the second fastest animal on planet Earth and can reach speeds of up to 60 miles per hour in a full sprint.
- Scientific Name: Eudorcas thomsonii
- Characteristics: The Thomson’s gazelle is incredibly reliant on short grasses as its main source of food, so make sure you have some greens around the house in case this fellow gets hungry! Hand painted and sculpted by experts, this figurine reflects Safari’s mission to create life-like, scientifically accurate, and fun wildlife models.
- Size and Color: Thomson’s gazelles have a very distinct look, with large black ringed antlers, a white and stomach with black trim, and a tawny brown body. 3.25 inches long and 2.5 inches tall, this figurine is a bit bigger than a deck of cards stood on its side.
- The Thomson’s Gazelle is part of the Wild Safari® Wildlife collection
- All of our products are Non-toxic and BPA free